Accident in Enterprise rental car with out personal insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accident in Enterprise rental car with out personal insurance

I am on OPT extension right now. Recently i had accident with enterprise rental car(with full insurance) and i dn't have any personal health insurance.Who will be responsible for the medical expenses and ambulance charges. I got little scratches in the accident but no major injuries.If the hospital bill around 40,000$.Who will be responsible for the hospital expenses. Could please suggest, Do i need to pay anything to the hospital?Please advise what i need to do..

It depends on whether the auto insurance you have cover the Medical/ hospital expenses for the driver or passengers. I am glad to hear that you survived the accident with only minor injuries. This is a lesson for every one guys. The reason why they press too hard on the Insurance thing when you come and stay in the US is this. Once a mishap occur the expenses will be far too high than you could possible cover from your pocket. So instead of saving a couple of hundred dollars a month, make sure we all have a good health insurance with good coverage.

Comment

Sorry about the accident!! I guess you will have to bear the charges if you dont have a health insurance. You would be able to pay it on a monthly installment basis. If you didn't it will affect your credit score for sure!

Comment

Most of the states do not allow to wave personal injury protection. Most of the time full coverage has PIP. Check with enterprise website and see what kind of insurance you had and what were you covered for.

Comment

Sorry about the accident.
          I am assuming you were involved in an accident with another car and not crashing into a wall or something

The important part here is did the cops come and issue a ticket to any of the parties involved in the accident ? If the cop decided that the other driver is at fault and gave him a ticket, then his insurance will cover your medical charges also. But if you got the ticket for the accident keep in mind you will also be responsible for the other person injuries, which your insurance will cover. If you took the personal liability insurance I think it should take care of both you and the other person involved.

Second option : no cops involved and you guys just exchanged your insurance information and walked away, which should not be done in the case where a person is physically injured, this is a little complicated. Call your car insurance guys and ask them for advice on what to do.

Third option you guys just drove away without any cops or insurance exchange... this should never happen..but if it did you have no other option other than paying your medical expenses.

Comment

Usually the auto insurance covers some amount of bodily injuries both for the car and the individual. If its a comprehensive cover it might also cover for you...

BTW health insurance does not cover costs for other individuals if you are at fault... Health insurance is for the insured individual and not for others involved in the accident...

Comment

The cops were came into the accident. I did nt see the other party at the scene. Cop did not issued a ticket at that time. I heard they were saying it as colllision. But i am still waiting for the police report to come. My enterprise insurance will cover the other party anyways. I am unable to bear my personal medical expenses too!!Can i get anything from charity or something like that

Comment

Ok buddy, I just came across a guy who work for Enterprise. He told me once you have full coverage you are covered for medical expenses as well.

Comment

Thank u so much but i am worried is there any limit for the coverage.because i had total of $40K. I am not sure wether this will get covered or not

Comment

Visa/discover/master card provides rental insurance by default if you used the card for renting check with your credit card company

Comment

1. Enterprise covers both bodily and property damage so you should be fine. If the amount for enterprise is 30K the rest 10K will be covered by your credit card company if you paid with credit card. Also if you had insurance of your own car, even though you were not driving it they will cover depending on your insurance plan. so you might have 3 insurance 1. Enterprise, 2. Credit card, 3. Personal car insurance.

Comment

If you bought the full coverage from Enterprise, which includes the PAI, they will cover all of your medical expenses. This includes the other passengers with you in the vehicle as well. The insurances Enterprise provides should help you get through. You need to speak with the branch manager and let him know.There are some paper work to be filled out as well. I interned for the company, and i personally feel that if you bought their insurance,(full coverage) you had like like an invisible bubble that would protect you in all ways. I would also consider reading the contract which should help you get a better understanding. You should use your enterprise insurance . Thats the best way to go.

Comment

Working...
                        X