Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damaged my passport and visa: Process of getting visa stamped on my new passport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damaged my passport and visa: Process of getting visa stamped on my new passport?

I had damaged my passport and visa. I have got a new visa done from Indian embassy in USA but I have plans of traveling to India in December? I am on F1 status here. So anyone knows the process of getting the visa stamped on my new passport? Will it be a problem for me? How many days will it take for me to get the new visa stamped as I'll be going back to india just for 20 days. Is it possible to get it done in 20 days?

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on July 18th 2013

Firstly, it will not be a problem. You need to attend the VI in India. You will be issued a VISA without any questions. Stay cool.

Comment

Hi I had the same issue. My passport got damaged but this was at the visa interview. She said get a new passport and mail to vfs and we'll stamp the new passport. Once I submitted it, I had it in less than 10 days.

Comment

Hi i had the same issue and got my visa stamped last week in india.
        There wnt be any problem in visa restamping but make sure you cary all the required documents.
        He asked me many documents and questions but finally i was issued visa.
        Go for stamping before you graduate

Comment

What options will I have if I damaged my Passport and I am waiting on a RFE?

Comment

Working...
          X