Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Currently registered for Summer and doing On-Campus job- Would I be able to work more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently registered for Summer and doing On-Campus job- Would I be able to work more

Hi - I could not get enough information about the working hours eligibility for International Students. Can anyone please help?!

I joined my University in Spring for MS and its a two year course. I am currently registered for the Summer Semester as well as doing an On-Campus job. So would I be able to work more than 20 hours/week in Summer inspite of being registered for coursework in Summer. My University ISSS office says that I can. But I checked other Universities like Purdue and Cornell which says that you cant work more than 20 hours/week if registered for course work Summer Semester. I am confused now !

This was posted https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on July 1st 2013

You can work up to 40 hours/week in the summer semester as long as you have registered for a full time course load for the next semester (Fall 2013). That's the general policy for international students studying on F1 visa but not all universities follow it. So check with the administrative services department in your university about their policy.

Comment

You can work 20 hours/week in summer semester, and 40 hours/week in the inter session i.e., the break between two respective semesters

Comment

Working...
      X