Does Typo on the Air Ticket matter ? or I need to pay $500+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Typo on the Air Ticket matter ? or I need to pay $500+

Hey Friends, my question is not related to job, yet I believe you guys would be able to help me. I am going to India in last week of July and I'd booked a ticket with an agent, who made a slight mistake in my first name with a letter 'I' missing from my name, which I figured out recently. I have called airline (Lufthansa), they told me only agent can make changes. When I called the agent, she told me there won't be any problem as it's just a typo error, and to get it corrected it will be more than $500, which I guess is too much to pay as a student. What do you guys suggest, is it going to be a big problem or shall I get it corrected? Please reply at the earlies

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on June 26th 2013

If the agent screwed it up, then she better change it. Why do you have to pay for her mistake?

Comment

You will be going jail for that big crime, please correct or end up in prison

Comment

Call up the airline. I recently had to correct a birthdate for an international ticket. It was rectified with no questions asked.

Comment

get it chaged. its easy and recommended

Comment

with the booking # try editing ur name from the airline website. If the airline does not allow that still its not a problem as your full first name wont be printed in the boarding pass. When I traveled to India I had the same problem but had no issues while boarding

Comment

The agent is lying. I worked at the travel agency. They CAN change the name..

Comment

It doesn't matter

Comment

I happened with me...Before your first flight from USA, the TSA might notice the difference in names and he might take you back to Lufthansa desk and verify it. if the issue is ignored at the first flight, you wont face any issues in connecting flights. Carry an american issued ID like a License for further verification.

Comment

Scams in Name Change possible with this.......bcoz too many Agents offering this services with fake rates..............

Comment

Working...
                    X