Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GPA less that 3.0. Would it be an issue while travelling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    Wen ur in probation u cannot come back to same univ...

Leave a comment:

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    GPA has nothing to do with travelling. It has only academic implications like affecting your scholarship, graduation, classes etc. How it affects each individual differs from univ to univ based on their academic policies. You can travel safely as long as you have your immigration documents in order (passport, I-94, Visa, I-20/SEVIS)

Leave a comment:

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    i have 3.1 in first sem and in the second semester i got bad grades and that made me go down to 2.9.i came in fall 2012.now i did not take any courses in summer.as my department is not offering any good courses.now i plan to go india in this summer.is there any problem now?

Leave a comment:

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    As far I know ,being a international student you are bound to maintain 3 OGPA...your issue is something to do with your enrollment to next semester ..if you have 1-20 signed properly good to go

Leave a comment:

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    You will come to know when you will be in probation. Your university will mail you. If you are undergrad you are not on probation with 2.9 GPA. If you have valid I-20 and student status that's all you nees to travell. If you have any doubt contact ISS. I m sure they will help you rather than confusing you.

Leave a comment:

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    Wen ur gpa is less than 3 it is considered as probation... Wen ur in probation univ will gv u another semester to improve ur gpa to above 3... If u cannot make it den in most of the public universities they will tell u to transfer to other univ... So in ds situation if u goto India for sure u will b in trouble... Just ask ur international student services before u leave d country...

Leave a comment:

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    I am studying at SIUC n I hv seen couple of cases exactly like ds... whether u believe me r not u shud contact ur ISS before u leave ds country n also u will receive a letter from ur school saying that ur under probation n u hv to get 3 gpa by d end of ur next semester... All iz well n I vsh u all d best...

Leave a comment:

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    Are you retarded?

Leave a comment:

• GPA less that 3.0. Would it be an issue while travelling?

Hi, I have a small query.My academic GPA is 2.9 after two semesters. I plan to go to my Home country now.I will return back after one week from the date classes begin. Will it be a problem at my port of entry. Please help urgent

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on June 21st 2013
    Last edited by DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin; 06-25-2013, 08:13 AM.
Working...
X