Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DMV could not locate I-94 departure record. How to resolve it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMV could not locate I-94 departure record. How to resolve it?

My wife is on F-2 and went to get her driving license made today where she was told that they could not locate her I-94 departure record on typing in her I-94 number. The error, they said, could have been that of Homeland security/Immigration when she was entering US.

1. How to resolve this ? Is there a way to access her I-94 record or equivalent ? Who should we contact ? USCIS? etc. etc.
    2. How does this affect her H-4 B visa processing ?
    I am currently on OPT after completing F-1 and have an approved H1B petition which I believe will now go for processing.

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on June 19th 2013

It is common mistake they do , you suppose to DHS office where your wife port of entry but try local DHS, if you don't know where it is , please go to any international air port , they can look up

Comment

According to my knowledge you can have new I-94 with a penalty of $200

Comment

Its Not problem with I 94 or DHS..! Jst Show ur Opt Ead card and DMV will get access to ur record..'

Comment

DMV should give Case # for that and then you use that case no. on www.uscis.gov/SAVE it will show status . i have just resolve mine one week before.

Comment

Also u can get ur correct I94 number using ur date of entry and passport num etc. They have stopped issuing I94 cards so all the records are available online now...

Comment

According to new rules, we have I-94 records in electronic form. Get it here: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request....x6X!1735354388

Comment

There will be DHS office somewhere around the city, probably somewhere near airport. Fix an appointment and go there. They will resolve thee issue

Comment

If you are in Opt ur i94 will not recognize in DMV .. You should give them your Opt EAD card. So DMV will access ur record only by Opt ead card.. It happened to my frnd. Try that .! Good luck ..!

Comment

I am having same problem, the DHS did something wrong when I entered and I am now not able to locate my I-94 online in the new online form they are using will be contacting the local DHS to get it resolved ... any other suggesstions ?

Comment

Working...
                    X