Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I travel after graduation, without Job offer? My I-20 expires after graduation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I travel after graduation, without Job offer? My I-20 expires after graduation.

Hi I have a question.What if I graduate by December 2013 and my I20 expires only by May 2014. Can I go to India for December vaction? provided that I dont have job by that time.

This was posted https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 June 14th 2013

Dude you will be in trouble.. better to wait until you get a job..

Comment

if you need to travel in December 2013, delay your graduation until you return.

Comment

don't travel. only if you are an on-going student and enrolled for semester studies, then you are fine to travel during vacation. PLEASE DON'T TAKE ANY RISK. BETTER FOLLOW THE RIGHT PATH

Comment

U can travel.. Bt make sure u r OPT status is pending wen u r returning back..carry u r I-797 form vth u..I did d same..

Comment

trust him..he has expereinced it.. they made him sit at the immigration for 2 hrs.. and he is my roommate..

Comment

Your I 20 expires in the semester that you graduate. You will be given a shortened I 20 once you apply for graduation. So please go to India before that. Or as another person above mentioned, delay your graduation by one semester

Comment

I got visa approved only for 2years, can we extend the visa?

Comment

Once you Graduate... your college automatically send all info to USCIS. So doesnt matter whats the date in your I-20, your records is gonna be updated by USCIS and CIS of your university. So if you travel and comeback on that same I-20... at port of entry when they check the validation of I-20, it will show up you ahve already graduated.... BAMMMM you cannot re enter.

Eitehr have a job or H1 before you travel

Comment

Working...
                  X