Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On Academic Probation: Should I move to another University or Stay in same university

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Academic Probation: Should I move to another University or Stay in same university

Hi . I have a problem . I am pursuing my masters . I came to US in spring 2013. But unfortunately I was unable to do well in my exams and i dint attend 2 exams which resulted in getting F grades. Right now am in academic probation . I contacted my advisor and said the same ,he was helpless . So I am in danger zone now. What should I do now should I move to any other university or continue in the same university ? If I continue in the same university I have to get more A grades in order to get graduated and I will be in probation until I get 3Gpa. Suggestions needed. Thank you .

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on June 13th 2013

Try to change university

Comment

Depends on ur univ, if you repeat the subj and get a better grade in some univ they will replace the old grade n cgpa with the new one, where as in some univ both the grades count. so find out that first. And also if you think u can clear the subjects easily in the next attempt, if you don't then the best option is change ur univ

Comment

I think there is no future in ur university. Even assuming you do extremely well and get over the 3 GPA, do you think you can land a good job with that? GPA requirements are usually higher for grad students. I would say apply to other unicersities and try for a fresh start

Comment

You can take a reduced course load with 2 very easy subjects in this semester and try to get A in them. There by you can still survive in the same univ. If you fail again, you can change your univ then.

Comment

u can apply for another university accepting a decent TOEFL score. If there is a need for applying for TOEFL, DO IT RIGHT AWAY. start from now - Univ search. DON'T WAIT. However, if u happen to transfer to another Univ - apply for cresit transfer in the new Univ. BUT MEANTIME, U SHOULD APPLY FOR TRANSCRIPTS FROM THE OLD UNIV BEFORE U REQUEST THE ISSO TO TRANSFER YOUR IMMIGRATION DETAILS TO THE NEW UNIV (VERY VERY IMPORTANT - PLEASE KEEP IT IN MIND). WHEN U TRANSFER UR CREDITS, CHOOSE THE BEST 3 COURSES IN WHICH YOU TOOK GRADE A/B. You will be fine. Make sure you talk to the new Univ dept - courses availability. That's all I want to share with you . Good luck.

Comment

another point, please make sure you apply transcripts from OLD Univ - at least 8 ot 9 nos. maximum 10 (10 for just in case)

Comment

I have same problem,I joined in summer,I took 2 classes,one subject I getting F grade, I have two weeks only remaining,planning to change univ.

Comment

Working...
                X