Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some factors that I need to be aware of on my travel plans F-1 OPT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some factors that I need to be aware of on my travel plans F-1 OPT?

I do not have a F-1 stamp, but will be travelling to india later this year in spetember. I was on H-4 before , changed my status to F-1 within US itself and just completed my program. I received my EAD card as well, and found a full-time internship.

What are some things I need to be aware of when I go to a US consultate or enter at the POE? Any advice, experience?

Your question is posted on our facebook wall at http://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 - Please follow the post and this forum

Comment

You need to go for F1 stamping which might be risky now since you completed the program

Comment

I was on same boat entered US on h4 and changed to f1. Went to stamping on OPT last month.. Got visa make sure u carry all documents be confident

Comment

what is the immigration status of your husband, is he in line for GC?

Comment

I am pretty much in the same boat. I came on a F1. Am done with my PhD and started my OPT. The F1 is expired from 2011 and I am planning on going to India this dec. It is good to know you got the stamp. I am pretty worried about it.

Comment

Working...
            X