Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transferred University in First Semester. Do I have to go through Visa Interview agai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferred University in First Semester. Do I have to go through Visa Interview agai

Hi, I've a query regarding the F1 visa.I came to the United States with University X stamping but even before my first semester, I transferred to University Y.
    Will this X university stamping affect my status when I re-enter United Stated? Do I have to again go through the Visa interview for the University Y? Please let me know. Thank you!

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on May 31st 2013

Nope all u need is valid I-20 with the current university .

Comment

No. I think u hv to just transfer sevis.

Comment

Nope just get the sevis transferref to your new universitu and fill the transfer in form for the new one and transfer out form for the old one... U will all be set..!!

Comment

Nope even I did the same I came with x university stamping and the next day I came to USA I transferred to Y university u have to transfer ur sevis I'd that's all but u should have the Y. University acceptance

Comment

Even I did the same. Came to the US with Univ. X's I20 and got myself transferred to Univ. Y. You need not worry about the stamping and Visa interviews. It is required to just enter into the US.
            All you have to do is:
            1. Ensure with your current Univ. that your SEVIS is transferred. You need to fill out the SEVIS transfer form I guess.
            2. Keep your 1st I20 with the stamping safe. You'll need it else where like for applying for your OPT and stuff.

Good luck.

Comment

i did the same!.. just keep your both i20s whn u re-enter u.s

Comment

u don't need a new visa stamping right now for transfer. u might also not need a new visa before your current visa expires. However if you go to renew your visa under same category after your current visa expires, the visa officer will suggest u with the rule that u have to attend for a new visa interview if you change your client (university) even before your current visa expires. Dont worry, I am not suggesting you to go for any interview. I am just giving you the rule FYI. visa ) tr

Comment

Working...
                X