Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Received my I-20 but First Name is Incorrect, Will it be an issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received my I-20 but First Name is Incorrect, Will it be an issue?

I have received my I-20 form through express mail. The first name(given name) is Abhinav and last name is Kapur in my I-20. But in my passport First name(given name) is Abhinav Kumar and last name is Kapur. Will it cause any kind of issues in Visa Interview.

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on May 26th 2013

I do not feel there should be a problem.... As long as you have enough set of documents....

Comment

My suggestion would be intimate the school now itself and update them about the incorrect name so that they can correct it and send a new one..

Comment

I think. It is always better to keep same name everywhere

Comment

It's always go with same name, request ua school to send new i20 before visa

Comment

Go with correct name on i20...try to inform the university asap....nd try to get new i20 ....with correct name....as it is the univ mistake they will issue new i20 with change with in a week...so in the mean time prepare for do cuments

Comment

let the international center know what has happned... and that should not be a big problem as they will post you another one soon.... but make it befor you attend the visa

Comment

Working...
              X