No announcement yet.

Green Card Situation. Please help!!

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Green Card Situation. Please help!!


    I am on H1-B visa, this is my 5th year and that means my visa is going to expire in 2015. My company did not apply for the green card yet, they been telling me (its been a year) that they are in process of filing labor but they have not yet. my company laid off many people couple months ago and from what I read, I am definitely going to get RFE because of that.
    so my questions are;

    1. is it safe to file labor with my current employer knowing that I am going to receive RFE and I don't have enough time because my Visa is expiring next year?

    2. Please suggest me some companies that will start my green card process right away.

    I am so tensed and frustrated because of this situation. Looking forward for all your suggestions. your help is much appreciated.

  • #2
    Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on our wall at within 24-72 hours please follow the post and forum.
    *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at ***
    If you feel this community is useful, please invite your friends by following below steps
    1. Goto
    2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer

    In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free. Their information is listed on home page.
    we are providing direct links as well, please let us know your feedback after the call



    • #3
      Your message was posted as anonymous on Facebook wall- (Sept 11th)


      • #4
        1 depends on who they exactly fired ..
        2 generally consultancies will start green card process quickly .. Better to find a good one with respect to immigration ..


        • #5
          This looks like a big issue I recommend talking to a good immigration lawyer as you need not be wasting time at this time... Good luck