Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My GPA is messed up (below 3) how to get summer 2013 internship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My GPA is messed up (below 3) how to get summer 2013 internship?

I am currently pursuing my Masters in Computer Science at the University of Southern California.I have messed up my first sem with a GPA of 2.56.I could not manage time wisely.I tried to make up in the final exam but it was of no use.Could you let me know if there are any companies which do not ask for a specific GPA while applying for internships in summer 2013?Also are there any companies which recruit interns in Late May 2013,as by that time my GPA would have improved.

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on February 9th 2013

When you have low GPA, one of the option is to put "Major GPA" which is cumulative GPA for the subjects you have taken relevant to your major

Comment

Also, if possible attend our telephonic career session on Feb 23rd, sign up as job seeker for details at http://desiopt.com/myjobs/signup.php

Comment

I don't think GPA matters for the company but it does at school to grant you CPT!!! Most of the companies just look at your resume to hire you!! At least this was the case with me n in my university(San Francisco State University)

Comment

It depends upon ur school rule some school few school have a rule they shld have a minimum gpa of 3 if u want to apply for cpt/opt the company will not look at gpa

Comment

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Can someone help me by giving the information about how to apply for interships??
              should we visit the company site and post our resume?

Comment

Gpa doesn't matter. My friend who works at IBM research in Asia has gpa lower than 3.0 and it's dead sentence for grad student.still hello got job offer. Companies care bat job exp more than gpa.we have phd students with gpa 4.0 doesn't hav

Comment

Any interviews

Comment

Company would nor matter but I don't think your school will grant you CPT. OPT is your right - CPT is not

Comment

Here's what you should really do. Just bullshit your GPA and qualifications like did and some company is sure to hire you. If any company asks for your transcripts then just tell them you're not interested in the job anymore because you already got hired by Facebook or Google. Nilesh Chaturvedi, Roshan Ghumare, Milind Patil and Tanmay Kulkarni will concur. Cheers and Happy Friday/Saturday!
                      Last edited by DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin; 09-06-2016, 06:31 AM. Reason: As requested by user

Comment

lol... Dont go to such universities... All that they teach is not useful in any jobs u get.... and if your GPA is less then 3 you wont even graduate...

Comment

You can go to company websites and apply. Also, you can sign up as job seeker at http://www.desiopt.com/myjobs/signup.php and apply to relevant jobs
                          Last edited by DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin; 01-16-2017, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X