Can you apply for SSN using I20?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you apply for SSN using I20?

Can I apply for a SSN with my opt i20 because I did not get my opt card yet and I have a offer letter its been 90 days but I did not get my opt card still its showing initial review still.

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on February 15th 2013

You need EAD! sometimes offer letter is also fine

Comment

Usually a student on F1 visa with an I20 can apply for a SSN and get approved if proven that he/she has a job waiting. I got my SSN while I was on F1 visa and had an on-campus job. You just have to have a letter from your employer stating that you have a job offer.

Comment

1 year after being a student you can work out-campus. Its called CPT. U need approval from intl department and co-op department of college. Once u get the approval letter u can apply for ssn. Thats how i got it!. The work has to be related to major. For that u just need a letter showing the relation by your employer and present to coop department..

Comment

If you are an salaried employee, you can apply for ssn. You can work campus, CPT , GTA,RA. You need a job before you apply.

Comment

Hey!! What i did is when i had a job offer letter i submitted in my university to give me i20 which have CPT program! The same i20 was been submitted in SSN office which in return they gave me SSN

Comment

Working...
            X