Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If we apply for Federal Tax Returns we can get $1000 refund, is this true?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we apply for Federal Tax Returns we can get $1000 refund, is this true?

Hi i am on f1 visa now doing my 3 rd sem masters. I worked only one day in on campus job but i have ssn. Can i apply for the fedaral tax returns only using 1098 form. I dont have any w2 form with me. I heard that if we apply for federal tax returns we can get 1000$ as returns but it would be a problem during h1 is that true?

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on February 20th 2013

Yeah u cn get if u earn!!! If u dnt earn and u get than something s fishy!!

Comment

Its the american oppurtunity credit and i have seen most people applying it and even i have applied it but seriously dont know after effects and this is a good question hope someone answers it in detail

Comment

You can apply its legal. Its not going to effect your H1B. And also IRS strictly recommends to file all available forms each year.

Comment

Any form 1098T, W2, 1099 divd, 1099 INT any available form needs to be submitted to IRS Its mandatory..

Comment

But after filing the 1098T form there further you need to keep the current class as fresher or sophomore or junior to get the 1000$ credit...if u use senior or graduate option the american oppurtunity credit doent show up

Comment

Ur right pruthvi krishna
              If we change the class then it becomes illegal.

Comment

Education Credits are not allowed to be claimed by a Non-Resident. Being on F-1 Visa you are an exempt individual and should be filing a NR return for the first 5 years you are on that visa.. so you will not be eligible for education credits

Comment

Still more information is needed. Should we file it or not ?

Comment

This benefit is for citizens only. Definitely you won't have any problem during H1. But you may face problem during u r green card processing.

Comment

Could u conclude it? Is it legal or illegal for grad international student?

Comment

I heard that there wont be any impact on H 1 but it might effect GC processing...... Donno how far is that true

Comment

Working...
                        X