Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I go to some other employer and stay with the same client?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I go to some other employer and stay with the same client?

Hello. I've been following your page since a few days and I found your responses very useful for students like me.
    I am working with a client on EVC model. My vendor is paying a lot to my employer but my employer is giving me very very less pay. When I asked my employer he told me that he is getting very less from the vendor and he is giving me 75% of what he is getting. But the actual case is not like that. My billing from the vendor is very high which I came to know from my colleagues at office. Now is there any way for me to change the employer and go to some other employer and stay with the same client? Please help me out because I am really being squeezed out by my employer by his hunger for money.

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on February 24th 2013

Are you on OPT? or H1B? - You can change the employer in both the cases but what is the guarantee that some other employer will pay you well? Also, while changing employer, make sure you are okay to quit current employer as there may be contract that you might have signed unknowingly. Readers, please do share your thoughts

Comment

As far as i know you cant do that.R u contractor for dt company ??

Comment

discuss with vendor..that u want to change employer

Comment

Is it in the middle of the job or before joining? if it is before joining you an easily change...you can go to the employer who pays you high. If it is middle of the job you must have signed some contract agreement with current employer and prime vendor (if you have a one when your employer is not a prime vendor), see the breach of contract terms and conditions. if there is nothing mentioned you can channge but I am sure there must be something mentioned. Finally, if your employer knows you are working for same client...it won't be good...think carefully !

Comment

You can do that I can guide with tha procedure

Comment

Sujith Kumar As mentioned before to benefit people in similar boat, please describe the procedure on this post.

Comment

Here is the follow up information from above reader - I am on CPT currently and my CPT is valid upto october 2013. I will be having 12 months of OPT and 17 months of STEM extension after that.
                I did not sign any contract with my employer but I have an agreement to stay with him for atleast 6 months. It's already been 4 months and I can wait for 2 more months. So after I complete the 6 month period can i change my employer? My project at the client is for 2 years

Comment

Working...
                X