Inviting Parents for Graduation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inviting Parents for Graduation

I am pursuing my masters. And i will be graduating this semester. I would like to invite my parents to graduation. Do you have any idea of What type of questions will be raised in the visa interview. What all will they check regarding the documents..??

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on march 2nd 2013
    Last edited by DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin; 04-04-2013, 10:47 AM.

whats the purpose of ur visit?....how many days are you planning to stay?....which university ur daughter/son is studying ?....what is ur occupation?...wt all places are yu planning to visit?..pretty much these questions only ....they may ask yu to show the invitation letters which is a must to carry

Comment

What about financial documents??

Comment

If they ask how many days you are planning to stay..?? What would be the better answer ??

Comment

Monika Reddy - Mainly Immigration officer want to make sure that parents are not going to permanently settle down in USA - If the purpose is to attend the Graduation event then answer should be convincing - so it shouldn't be too long unless there is a reason

Comment

Prepare a fake itinerary that they are going to travel and go places in US showing hotel reservations and all, and that you are going to join them! I had a friend whose parent's visa got rejected because they said they are going for graduation and going to stay at their sons place.
            They usually ask your parents purpose of visit, occupation and education and all.

Comment

you can say 2 to 3 weeks they are gng to stay......they might ask whr vl u stay....u can say either hotel or son/daughter's place....mostly they wont reject visas for graduation ceremony ....these dayz they are givin for 10 years....

Comment

Thank you all for your response.

Comment

Recent I-20, Invitation letter must carry. Added to above questions, may ask family details no.of children and who are in US... Good Luck!!

Comment

if u r working send ur pay slips...

Comment

Working...
                    X