Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Terminated Status

Get OPT/CPT Experiences to your inbox via http://bit.ly/1da2vrz

Hi,One of my friend got Admission in a school in Texas. But he did not attend the Texas school. He went to California to his relatives. Tried to get admission there but could not manage to get an I20. Meanwhile Texas school has notified him that his status has been terminated and told him to come to the school and talk with ISO advisor.

He contacted them and they told him that he has to go back to his home country or any other neighboring country and they are going to process a new I20 for him for the next semester.
    1. Is his visa still valid?
    2. Is there anyway he can stay here and continue his studies from the spring 2013 in Texas school?

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on 2nd Nov - 2013

Not a valid visa. Best bet; go to canada.. But if your passport is "indian" then u probably in worse situation. Go to india then return after u get a proper i20

Comment

Damm worst situation

Comment

1 yes
        2 he can enter 30 days before program start date on i20 ..

Comment

one more point he is now staying illegally here ..

Comment

Hmmm sorry for your friend's situation but wat made ur friend think its ok not to attend the college? Seek legal advice. Good luck

Comment

He should go abck to India and defer his application and get back to next semester

Comment

No need to go back to india, n if u go back to india its a bit tricky plus expensive

Comment

No need worry. Get an Initial I-20 from a school go to neighbouring country, mexico can be a best option as it doesnt need a visa. I can help u , ping me fr details. I had a fren who faced the same situation

Comment

hmm it depends on his start date on I20

Comment

I cannot believe your friend thinks he or she can flout rules like that and expect to find a reasonable solution. Did your friend come here to study or go gallivanting with relatives in California? And now that person wants a solution for their sloppy behavior? This kind of despicable behavior makes me wonder about people like me, who came to this country with good intentions, struggled, took the hard way out and most importantly took this seriously. For people like whom this post is about, looks like this whole thing is a joke to them. If you don't follow rules, don't expect things to be easy.

Comment

So for going back to Mexico no visa is required? So what is the process of re-instatement?

Comment

No visa fr mexico. Process for reinstatement can be done thru a school which gives them an I20 in this completed/terminated sevis state.

Comment

Working...
                          X