Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caught For Plagiarism --> Dismissed-->Helpless/Worried. What can be done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caught For Plagiarism --> Dismissed-->Helpless/Worried. What can be done?

Hello Desiopt , You are really doing a good help and support for everyone... I am posting the problem on behalf of my friend ... she is in troublesome and worried situation......... kindly please help ......

She could not clear the last spring semester 2013 due to plagarism in one of the subject so her professor graded fail and did not grade last project Though her Project is completed , she is not graded .........
    The university informed to dismiss her from computer science program when is just one course away for graduation....

Please let me know what can be done.....
    1) Can she take transfer to different university - how many credits will be transferred ..
    2) Is there any university where can she can get admission for Fall 2013.
    3) What will be her status ...when dismissed at this state.

She is in very helpless and worried situation as very near to my graduation .. she is laid back... Kindly provide suggestions.....

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on September 2nd 2013

Maybe she can transfer... But not to rain over a wet spot.... But she knew better

Comment

Just apply for another university and transfer if status is active... Is status is terminated she has to find another university through which she has to file for reinstatement..... ATB

Comment

Don't worry, there are a number of tier 2 university that'll accept her, try to google them out, as far as credit hours are concerned, 27 minimum you get.

Comment

Consult your Immigartion coordinator who can give you the present state of your status..... transeferring credits depends upon the present university and the university you want to enroll in!!!

Comment

Goldey beacom college,wilmington,DE..try talking to them. They might be able to help you. Thanks

Comment

Always select the univ based on individual profile and the amount of effort he or she can put... to get grades.... and complete masters..

Comment

Depending on the school, she can transfer between 50-65 credit hours. I am quite certain that there will be universities that will consider her for admission, as it has happened in the past where students got dismissed from the program and managed to transfer to other schools. Best bet is to inquire with the international student office advisor, provided he/she is very helpful in that regard.

Comment

Sullivan University in Louisville should be the best bet.

Comment

To my knowledge, the sevis status will be updated by September 20 in most of the schools. You need to act fast

Comment

Not a legal advisor, but I think it will not make you out of status if you transfer to another school in the coming semester. Since you are already screwed , best bet is to acknowledge your mistake in front of DSO and politely ask for available options.

Comment

hi, my opt extn was denied n i need a lil bit of info regarding Sullivan. cn u pls inbox me once? pls thnks

Comment

Working...
                        X