Chances for re-entry to USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chances for re-entry to USA

Hello DesiOPT team. My friend is in India, he is on his opt extension and he studied in university of Northern Virginia . Now the university got closed. What are the chances for him of getting back to USA.

If you have a valid visa then you can apply for another university, get an I-20 from that university and come back .. Try International technological University at San Jose, CA.I heard they process applications really fast .. for more info contact them at [email protected] or (888) 488-4968

Comment

Honestly, no chance.! OPT= F1 status. As univ is closed, there is no question of his/her F1 being valid.

Comment

Who said ??? visa and Sevis are 2 different things ... If he has valid visa stamped then he can just get a new i-20 with new sevis and it will be ok to re-enter... since that guy is on OPT, he has to check if his SEVIS is still active... if it is active then all he has to do is get it transfered to another university

Comment

OPT has nothing to do with University. I just attended immigration clearance and this is what they told me.

Comment

why did u join tht univ in the first place? I guess u needed some entry to start working from day1.

Comment

In the case of Northern Virginia University there will be no further OPT. But USCIS is allowing the current OPT holders. So I feel there will be no issues.

Comment

Working...
              X