Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travelling on OPT without Job offer. Is it risky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling on OPT without Job offer. Is it risky?

I am planning to go back to my home country while on OPT. I have received my OPT card and start date is June 27th. I haven`t found a job yet,therefore I will be returning without a job offer letter. When I return I would have accumulated 2 months of Unemployment and will have one more month to go.

Do you think that is a big risk ? Do you know anyone who traveled without any issues, especially with new I-94 procedure.

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on August 1st 2013

If you leave the country without a job offer on your OPT period then it automatically cancels your OPT and you won't be able to reenter the country.

Comment

Opt is not for reentry into US without a job offer.

Comment

Its written on your OPT CARD that is not valid for rentry into the USA without an employment letter.

Comment

unemployment counts only when ur in the US

Comment

its a risk...i travelled on OPT..but i had a job offer and was carrying the offer letter with me. i was still pulled out for secondary check and then allowed entry after an hour or so...please avoid taking risk if you dont have a job in hand!

Comment

It's disastrous !! Don't go

Comment

its too risky find an employer ASAP

Comment

Make a offer letter at home and put the phone number of your friend or relative on it just incase TSA calls when you return.

Comment

first you can try for job and then you can move to India..Just think about it once..don't fall in risk..wish you good luck..

Comment

Everyone...by job offer does everyone mean a job offer on opt or a job offer for a h1b? Will showing volunteer work in the USA while on opt work for rentry?

Comment

http://www.ice.gov/sevis/travel/faq_f2.htm#_Toc81222043 to re-enter, you are expected to have your EAD and letter of employment, in addition to your I20, passport & visa.

Comment

So they just checked your documents and you were made to sit there for an hour?

Comment

Working...
                          X