90 days into OPT, have volunteer work, THESIS not defended yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 days into OPT, have volunteer work, THESIS not defended yet

Hi everyone... I am currently on OPT and am doing voluntary work to maintain status. I still have a thesis to defend although I have turned it in. Would this bring about any issue in the near future? My initial 3 month period on OPT ends next week. Please advice.

Your message will be posted as anonymous on Facebook wall within 12 hours.
    Posting Date: July 30th.
    If you feel this community is useful, please invite your friends by following below steps

1. Goto http://facebook.com/desiopt1
    2. Find "Suggest DesiOPT.com to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer http://desiopt.com/include/themes/cu...s/fbinvite.php

Comment

you can continue volunteering and that will be sufficient to keep you in status... but... did you garduate yet? you said you didn't defend your thesis yet..

Comment

noi havent as ive not defended my thesis yet. I'm on post compltetion OPT.. I will be defending my thesis within the next 2 weeks.

Comment

well.... if you've not yet graduated, then why'd you need OPT? you'd still be under F-1 status..... I'm confused..... am I missing something here.......

Comment

Do you mean you are on your PRE-OPT? you can be on your PRE-OPT only for 6 months and within those 6 months you will need to graduate.

Comment

No i'm on post-OPT but havent defended my thesis yet.

Comment

will be defending my thesis within the next couple of weeks.

Comment

Recently I heard that for MIS program STEM extension has been removed. Is that correct? Can anybody help me in letting me know

Comment

Working...
                  X