Has anyone issued interim EAD cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone issued interim EAD cards?

Soon it will be 90 days since I submitted my OPT application. As written in the below link, one can get interim EAD card if EAD card is not issued within 90 days. Has anyone got interim EAD card? My joining date with my employer has already crossed and I have also submitted an expedite application. But it was of no use.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...004718190aRCRD

[I][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR="#0000CD"]I filed my Form I-765 more than 90 days ago and I have not received a decision. Who should I contact?

If you have not received a decision within 90 days of the USCIS receipt date and you have properly filed your EAD application, you may inquire about an interim EAD at your local USCIS District Office or by calling the USCIS National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 or (800) 767-1833 (TTY). You must have proof of identity and any notices that you have received from USCIS in connection with your application for employment authorization when contacting USCIS.[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

Hey,

I have a similar issue now. Did you file for an Interim or did you wait it out? How long does it take to obtain an Interim Card?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Koushik,

I read your other thread. Though according to rules, USCIS should file for interim EAD if processing is taking more than 90 days. But they usually don't file it. I went twice to USCIS Info Pass session with all the documents and printout of interim EAD card rules from USCIS website, but they shamelessly told that they can't issue interim EAD card. Third time I called USCIS customer care, I got a very helping guy. He filed a service request (Processig time beyond regulatory time frame) over phone and USCIS expedited my case with 4 hours of the request. After 15 days of the request, I received a message from USCIS today that my Alien Registration Number has changed. But I don't know what does that mean.

In sum, I wasn't able to file for interim EAD card. Instead USCIS expedited my case. It has been 15 days after the request, but I am still waiting for approval.

Comment

Hi Nisha,

Thanks for your reply. I am guessing that means your OPT is in production. I was told the same about the infopass sessions being useless. Let me know if your status changes to "card in production".

Thanks again.

Cheers.

Comment

I too feel that Infopass sessions are useless. The field officer told me I have been misinformed by Customer Service. they no longer issue Interim EAD at that service center.

Comment

Hey Guys - My card status changed to production today. I think it worked out because my case was expedited once customer care filed "beyond regulatory timeframe" service request. My case was in California Service center. It took 118 days for status to come to production. Following up with USCIS and losing salary for more than a month was very frustrating.

Hope things work out for both of you very soon!

Comment

Congratulations, I guess I too will do the same !

Comment

Nisha - Congratulations. Thanks for sharing your experience, to benefit other people - we will post your experience on our facebook wall as well.

Thanks
                www.DesiOPT.com team

Comment

Working...
                X