Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the student work with an expired employment authorization document while a 17-mon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the student work with an expired employment authorization document while a 17-mon

HI, I applied for my OPT extension at Vermont service center and my case was accepted on May 22. Its almost 60 days now? and the case status still shows Initial review! I am confused as to how long it will be taking as I am already working. I thought it would be processed in time but clearly it didnt! What should I do in this case? Is there any way to expedite the process?

Also I read that “work authorization will automatically extend for 180 days if the case is pending with USCIS and extension was filed on time.”
    According to this I don't need to worry right, I can definitely work!

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on 22nd July 2013

If your extension is filed in a timely manner, your work permit will be extended. So you can work.

Comment

we are in same boat...mine was accepted on 8 may...still initial review....

Comment

what if 180 day period is over....because mine is going to get over by July31st. I already called USCIS 11 times?

Comment

Yes, You can.

Comment

mine is may 28, still in initial review, but as far as i know they processed till april 24th because my friend's opt exten doc's reached there on 24, so he got approved.. hope they move forward for may dates processing..

Comment

Working...
            X