Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT extension

Hello,

I have completed Master in Computer Science and graduated in January 2013. Since January 2013, I don't have a job and looking for it actively. My OPT starts on February 2nd 2013. In April, I joined and have submitted the consultancy name to my school and told them I am working as a volunteer in the company.

Questions-
    1) Do I need to submit any document anywhere apart from my school.
    2) Now for OPT extension, when do I need to apply.
    3) If I work on OPT(1st year) as a volunteer, will my OPT extension will be rejected as I will not have any pay stub.
    4) Finally, how can I find a job. I really need help. Please help me out guys. How can I ask help on Facebook anonymously.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Hi,
    If you are volunteering I dont think you need to give pay stub.

Thanks

Comment

OPT Extension

If you are volunteering you won't have a pay stub. Just make sure you have all the documentation from your supervisor or the company saying the dates you started and finished work for them, what you were doing, and that you were an unpaid volunteer. I think the more details you have, the better, in terms of your application.

I don't know if this helps but this is a link to the University of Southern California's advice about OPT extension http://sait.usc.edu/ois/intl-students/f-1-employment/stem-opt.aspx

Comment

Working...
      X