Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In India due to Family Emergency- OPT card still in Initial review.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In India due to Family Emergency- OPT card still in Initial review.

What would happen to my EAD and Travel?

I had a family emergency and I have to come back to India. My OPT start date is July 10th. I didn't receive my OPT card still and it is still showing initial review.
    Will they issue me my EAD card to my university or will they stop the process since am out of the country? I am planning to travel back once I receive my OPT card!!

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on July 20th 2013

It will terminate your sevis and u wont be allowed to reenter!

Comment

Once uscis picks ur file for review your sevis will be updated for underprocess its kind off risk to re enter again

Comment

i just did the same thing... my opt was in initial review while i left for india... and i had arranged for my univ to fedex my card to india when it was ready...i just re-entered 15 days back.. no issues at all..

Comment

Will they notify us if our sevis is terminated...???

Comment

I would suggest you to contact your univ and ask them to check the sevis status...If it is active or not ...then ask them suggestion accordingly...if it is active ...then call USCIS and ask them to expedite your request as you have travel issues...

Comment

Hi
              I have similar problem
              How can we ask them to expedite it ?
              When I called them they said they will not do it unless it has something to do with US GOVT.

Comment

When I called they said it takes 90 days for the process to be completed and then I can report a problem. They did not say anything about me being out of the country...!!!!

Comment

Your SEVIS doesnt get terminated because you will still be on F-1. Have someone fedex it to you when you go to India and you shoul be fine. The only problem is it's uncertain when you will get your OPT card and until then it's kinda risky to re-enter without the card.

Comment

Working...
                  X