Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT STEM RFE - multiple employers

Hi, I got a RFE on my OPT extension....
    I changed my employer during my regular opt i worked six months for employer A and six for employer B and I am currently working with employer B , I had sent the employment letter from my current employer B but not from employer A .
    So my RFE states that they need the evidence of my work before I joined employer B as it was more than 90 days when my opt started when I joined employer B.
    I have the Paystubs and the offer letter but my name is spelled wrong on the offer letter but its correct on the paystubs. do u think it would be a problem??

Employer change

Originally posted by Hitansh Vashisht View Post
    Hi, I got a RFE on my OPT extension....
    I changed my employer during my regular opt i worked six months for employer A and six for employer B and I am currently working with employer B , I had sent the employment letter from my current employer B but not from employer A .
    So my RFE states that they need the evidence of my work before I joined employer B as it was more than 90 days when my opt started when I joined employer B.
    I have the Paystubs and the offer letter but my name is spelled wrong on the offer letter but its correct on the paystubs. do u think it would be a problem??
    Hi, Thanks for discussion. Can you please let me know which university are you from. Did you update the employer change in a timely manner at your university. I am planning to change the employer as well and your answer will really help me decide.

Are the offer letter and paystubs from employer A or employer B. If you have paystubs they are good enough to show your work with employer A. But it is better to take a letter from employer A stating that your worked with them during the first 6 months duration and a brief description about your job duties etc.

Comment

Do you have the i20 which u got whn u submitted ur employer A information To ur school .....didn't u submit that... With your opt extension application ??

Comment

I would like to know is this risky for opt extension to change employer during regular opt period. plz reply.

Comment

Even I want the same answer is it risky to change employer during opt as per the rules I know we can change any number of employers but I want to know people's experiences Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X