Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to Travel on Opt but F1 Visa expiring in 3 months

Hello Folks,

I am currently working full time, my question is that i want to go to India for a week to attend my sister's wedding.

My Opt extension just started, but F1 VISA is expiring on 25 Dec 2013 and I am planning to go in the first week of September .
    My question is that is it safe to travel ? Keeping in mind me travelling just 3 months before my Visa Expires

Please keep me updated as it is a very important family event.
    Should I take chance or not? All responses would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Navid

Your message will be posted on Facebook wall:http://www.facebook.com/desiopt1. Please follow your post on Facebook and Forum. Thanks-DesiOPT
    Posting Date: July 10th

Comment

It should be fine, I know students who were in similar situations and came back. But just because of me saying, don't make your decision. My friends came back doesn't mean everybody will. Just saying. Hope you come back safely .

Comment

when you are coming back if it is before your visa expiry you should be fine ..

Comment

i am goin for a week only. and i am working as a consultant.

Comment

Similar situation

Originally posted by Navid Saiyed View Post
            i am goin for a week only. and i am working as a consultant.
            Hello Navid / All

I have a pretty similar situation here. My F1 Visa expires Dec 2nd 2013. I have my OPT-Stem Extension until July 2014. Want to travel outside United states (probably leave 1st week of November and return 3rd Week of November). Would it be OK to do so.
            One more addition, my H1 petition was denied this year. Will that effect in any way? Quick response will immensely be appreciated!

Thanks
            Maninder

Comment

Working...
            X