Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port of Entry issue

Hi,

I have an H-1B approval which gets active in Oct and still in school. Will I have problems at the port of entry when I try to Re-enter on F-1 this July?

What do you think? I'm still in school, so they should allow me to enter on F-1?

Your question will be posted on DesiOPT Facebook page-http://facebook.com/desiopt1
    Date: July 8th 2013

Comment

How are you still in school and also in H1. did you not have to graduate to apply for H1.. are you in bachelors or masters?

Comment

I am on opt and got my h1 approved which starts from oct 1st 2013. I went to india in june and returned on f1 visa without any problem.

Comment

Firstly, In order to stop you they should have a legal reason. Some of the reasons are
          1.You worked illegally
          2. Violated F1 rules
          3. You are substantial debts and cheated people
          If you are going to returns as F1 that is what they see..They have no reason to stop you without any reason. It has nothing to do with H1 and all

Comment

I have same question

Comment

no issues...

Comment

DesiOPT.com Darshit Mehta - Did you try to call attorneys listed on www.DesiOPT.com ? Also, when do you plan to come to US, please don't forget to share your experience after you come back. Good luck!

DesiOPT.com F1 OPT Jobs, CPT, Citizen and H1B Jobs
                www.desiopt.com
                DesiOPT - F1 visa students find OPT Jobs (Optional Practical Training), CPT Jobs, H1B Jobs – OPT Students looking for jobs can find OPT employers who can sponsor H1b, CPT internship jobs, OPT CPT training or part-time OPT CPT jobs. Employers can find OPT students, CPT candidates and F1 visa student'...

Comment

Sevis would read change of status at a later date... Should not be a problem..

Comment

Working...
                  X