Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: OPT Status

Hi Guys,

I really appreciate the help DesiOPT providing to the students.

I need your suggestions to maintain my OPT status. I have started working from the day 1 of my OPT start date. My first project got ended on June 7th, 2013. I am carrying and this is my 6th month. I am not able to find a job in my locality.
    Please, suggest me if there is any way to maintain my OPT status. On OPT, is it mandatory to have my paycheck generated every month.
    Thanks in advance.

Your question is posted on our wall at http://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 - please follow the post and forum - Thanks DesiOPT.com team

Comment

you can do 3 months of unemployment on OPT. Also, it is not necessary to have a paycheck. you can do unpaid work (related to your degree) and that will also count towards employment.

Comment

I dont think so..I still remember my advisor saying that OPT is training period..it is necessary to show that you are employed(getting trained).. the kind of employment that you have may be a volunteer , full time or on contract..but it doesnt matter as long as you have an employer(consultant) who can provide you a letter for OPT extension or H1 visa application..

Comment

Working...
        X