Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travelling to India on Unpaid leave- Does this count under 90 days unemployment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling to India on Unpaid leave- Does this count under 90 days unemployment?

Hello Desi OPT,I had been looking at your posts which clearly give our answers for questions what we have in our mind!

I have a got question. Before getting job, I was unemployed for a period of 1 month and 10 days. Now I am planning to go India for 1 n half month. My leave is Unpaid. So on the whole I'll be staying unemployed for 81 days. Will there be any issues with the unemployment time as it is near to 90 days ? Would there be any problems at Port of Entry? Please help me out...

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on June 14th 2013

I was almost in the same situation when I went to India. Thing that matters is if you have proof of continual employment/ job. You mentioned "unpaid" but will your payroll still run? From what I remember, if it is an unpaid vacation and your payroll still runs, it does not count as unemployment. But if you are switching jobs without being payed/payroll run then it counts towards it. Hope this helps, good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X