Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forgot to update Employer Information- Would this cause complication during STEM Exte

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgot to update Employer Information- Would this cause complication during STEM Exte

My first period of OPT is going to expire on June 10. I have applied for STEM Extension(applied on May 2nd) and my application is still in the Initial Review. My concerns are:

1. Can I work as usual until a decision is made?
    2. I had joined a consultancy around June last year and updated their details (E-Verify Number and such) at my university. But later on, I got a contract job through a different employer, and completely forgot to update my university about it. So, technically I was never an employee of the first employer that is on record. (no pay stubs from them at all).
    3. And now, when I applied for the extension, I was/am with a third employer doing another contract. Would this all cause any complications while the USCIS reviews my STEM Extension? I am really concerned about it. How deeply would USCIS review the applications? Please let me know people!

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on June 10th 2013

Check with your university people.. The status doesn't get updated in uscis site sometimes but the opt card will be mailed to the designated address. Or you can call USCIS by phone and get an updated status.

Comment

Working...
    X