Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working on OPT status but SEVIS not updated- Is this considered under 90 day unemploy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working on OPT status but SEVIS not updated- Is this considered under 90 day unemploy

I graduated and work for software company. I have OPT .I work 20 to 30 hours a week.Sometimes 40 hours
    My position is there - Research Assistant Intern. So will it be considered as an employment , while I'm searching for Full time job?
    Does this job makes me eligible to stay beyond 90 days in UD?

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on June 8th 2013

Please check ICE.gov link http://www.ice.gov/doclib/sevis/pdf/...nce_042010.pdf.

Listing 3 questions from ICE.gov that would be helpful

7.3.2.How should a student report employment/unemployment information and changes to that information to his or her DSO?
    The student should consult with his or her DSO about the preferred method of reporting changes. SEVP recommends using e-mail, as it
    provides both evidence of reporting and the date reported. Some schools may provide other electronic means (such as a Web page) to accept reports. The student should keep a record of a ll reports made to the DSO and the method by which the reports are made.

Comment

7.2.4.How does a student show that employment is directly related to hisor her degree program?
      SEVP recommends that the student maintain evidence for each job documenting the position held,
      proof of the duration of that position, the job title, contact information for the student’s supervisor or manager, and a description of the work.
      If it is not clear from the job description that the work is related to the student’s degree, SEVP recommends t
      hat the student obtain a signed letter from his or her hiring official,supervisor, or manager stating how the
      student’s degree is related to the work performed

Comment

7.3.1.What should a student report to ensure that his or her status does not expire due to excessive unemployment time?
        The student should report changes in employment to his or her DSO as soon as possible. SEVP recommends that the student report any change within 10 business days of the change to avoid situations where a DHS official may determine the student is out of status.

Comment

Working...
        X