Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URGENT: OPT got accepted while I am in India. Will I face any problems at the port of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT: OPT got accepted while I am in India. Will I face any problems at the port of

URGENT: OPT got accepted while I am in India. Will I face any problems at the port of entry?

I completed my graduation and came to India. I know I can return while my OPT is still pending. But my OPT just got accepted yesterday. I will be returning on June 9th like in two more days. Will I face any problems at the port of entry? Should I have my OPT card with me at that time. I cannot have the OPT card with me, as my OPT just got accepted and I won't be able to have the card at the time of travel. What should I do. Please suggest something.
    I have a job offer letter from a e verified company if that helps.

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on June 7th 2013

I was in the same situation.. I returned without any issues. They din even ask for the opt card. Only thing they asked was my i20 and offer letter. That's all. Good luck!

Comment

Applying for OPT and travelling without EAD card is not safe. The only think I heard is that if you have job offer letter and EAD card at the time of re-entry, its less risky. I cannot comment on how many chances you have to re enter (without EAD card or job offer letter) but it seems risky! Hope for the best and good luck

Comment

It is safer not to travel once you have applied for OPT. I have no idea if you would face any problems. Pray to God.

Comment

WHY WHY WHY do people screw themselves over...it is so simple...just stay and be patient...why do they need to make their lives difficult unnecessarily...

Comment

you should have your ead card delivered to India. you cannot enter if your F1 has expired. you need a valid F1 visa along with WAD card

Comment

Having employer name makes your case stronger ..I am not saying you will have prob for sure but in this situation, especially boston incident, its better to stick with their guidelines..

Comment

Rules are strict now. If not Opt card. Then I20 must have stated your work authorization dates and employer name at the last page in i20. In that case you can defend that your opt card is not with me.

Comment

I 20 has work authorization dates but not the employer name. So would that be a problem.

Comment

If you have an employer, u can get a simple vacation approval letter signed for the dates u r in India from your employer. that will help.

Comment

Have someone send the opt card to you, and make sure you have the offer letter.

Comment

In the opt card it self says not valid to re-entry to USA, so you don't need opt card , just show them your I-20 , if they ask show your offer letter that's it.

Comment

Wait till you recieve OPT card.. If you enter with out OPT and I-20 you are doomed...!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X