Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URGENT ATTENTION: Failure in OPT card delivery !! Has it occurred with someone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT ATTENTION: Failure in OPT card delivery !! Has it occurred with someone else?

USCIS and USPS site says that they have DELIVERED my OPT card at my residence on May 24. But I havent received it. I called them, they said I will have to reapply which will take again 90 days! So two questions:
    1. Even if I reapply it takes approx 60-90 days. I would be close to 90 day limit and will have to leave US by the time the card is reproduced
    2. What should I do? Its seems unbelievable to me. Has it occurred with someone else. (I hope not)

Ps: USCIS said, they dont reissue the card. You will have to reapply

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on May 29th 2013

Didnt they send you a tracking number for the card?

Comment

Also I think you will be able to stay in the country the three month rule starts when your OPT starts

Comment

I was also told my OPT card arrived at my address but on close inspection I found that it had reached my university's international student service office while I was working in a different State.
        You will have to resend your docs to USCIS in case you haven't recvd.

Comment

Yeah it had happened to me but my school's international student services send the packet of reapplication by 1 day mail and requested them to expedite my process I got my card within 30 days of reapplication!! So it really helped!! But yes I lost my 340$ or whatever fee we have to pay!!

Comment

First of all you have to make sure from ur side that u havent received it and check with your DSO available possibilities in order to expedite your application process if you are going apply again.. I think you can stay in US with no issues.

Comment

Nope nvr heard of such incident!

Comment

Kab tak aisa chalega? Kab tak?

Comment

Working...
                X