Is second OPT allowed for MBA degree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is second OPT allowed for MBA degree?

Hi,I completed my masters last year from a US university. I am interested in the possibility of pursuing MBA next year. Would I be eligible for another OPT after the MBA? If not, what would be the term allowed for unemployment? Also, would an H1B allow me to get a part-time MBA? I appreciate your help.

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on May 29th 2013

In order to take additional OPT u need a degree higher than u r masters ... probably Phd....

Comment

Why can't anyone have H1B on MBA? I know friends who are on H1B after MBA. And if someone already used their OPT they will not get another 12 month visa permit.

Comment

i just finished my bachelors and waiting for OPT. If I do MBA later can I apply for OPT again?

Comment

Wht is your authorisation CPT or OPT

Comment

With out any employer cant get H1b sponsorship, Its possible to get H1b after his MBA but not in the pursuing time, Ofcource they are some chances to get H1B but that was total fake, By the help of Consultants we can get H1B, But that H1B time periob is only for 6Months.

Comment

Yes you can.. as far as you are advancing from bachelors to masters.. you are eligible for another OPT..

Comment

If you do not use your OPT now and go for 2nd masters and your CPT duration is less than 365 days including both the masters then you can apply for OPT after completion of 2nd degree.

Comment

i just finished bachelors so waiting for post completion OPT. I want to do masters after two years so was wondering if I will get OPT again after that

Comment

For first master your OPT is denied are u eligible for OPT for second master ...

Comment

At bachelor, master n PhD level we get only one OPT for each level. If you are done with 1st masters OPT and wanna do 2nd masters you will not get OPT after 2nd masters.
                      - After completion of 2nd masters you will get 60 days of grace period to change your status to either H1B or F1 again.
                      - On H1B you can do part time MBA with maximum 6 credits per semester.

Comment

You will not get another OPT. The best option for you to pursue MBA is after your H1B is approve, you can take part time MBA.

Comment

MY OPT getting over on 18th June. Is it possible for me to file for H1B for this fiscal yr? I guess not, what about coming year? I will email you and then we can talk about it in details. thanks

Comment

Yaa thts correct...you are allowed only one OPT irrespective of the number of Master's you go for...

Comment

I might be wrong but as per my info you can have only OPT at Masters level. Since MBA is masters as well so you can have only one OPT.

Comment

Working...
                              X