Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OPT Start date passed, didn't get EAD. what should I tell my employer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT Start date passed, didn't get EAD. what should I tell my employer?

Hi Guys,I need your help!!!
    Currently I am working on full time CPT ,my CPT end date is 05/24/2013 and I had applied for OPT on 03/19/2013, my OPT start date is 05/25/2013.My case status is initial process, Still I didn't received my EAD card.What should I do now?what I have to tell to my employer? Should I continue to work (unpaid) till I receive my EAD card,,,,orelse is there anyway to come out with this issue?????

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on May 28th 2013

You can take letter from school and continue working... You may get EAD card soon

Comment

working without EAD is illegal! you cannot anything else than to just wait!

Comment

working without EAD is illegal. But you can talk to ur employer not to run ur payroll until u receive ur EAD card and continue working. Its just a mutual understanding.

Comment

Hi,
          As you have applied for OPT, I hope you have the receipt in your hand and you are saying your start date is 25th of May. So, you can start working by submitting your receipt to your employer and also submit the same to your school that you started working on OPT. Hope this answer helps you.

Thanks
          Siva

Comment

Its only applicable if your 90 days after applying for OPT are over since processing for OPT per USCIS is 90 days. SO if your 90 days are over and still its in initial review then you can submit the receipt num and start working

Comment

+1.. and do remember.. OPT not approved and still you are working after 25th May it will be counted in your CPT duration.. and if the CPT duration extends one year (including weekends and holidays) your OPT will be cancelled by USCIS and its by LAW that you can not work for more than one year in CPT.

Comment

You cannot work unless you have the opt card in hand. I am not site what others are saying

Comment

Your start date will be on your EAD card once u receive it. Ask ur employer to run pay from that date only or else u will in trouble while processing ur H1.

Comment

Call them to rush EAD cars

Comment

Working...
                    X