My name was misspelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My name was misspelled

Hello,I applied for an OPT and I received a letter in the mail yesterday saying they received it. However, my name was misspelled (the "R" in my name showed up as "P"). All other information was correct though.

I tried calling them yesterday at the toll free number on the letter but when I entered my receipt number, the automated voice kept saying they have no record of the case. Same goes for when I put the case number on the USCIS site. What can I do?

Should I try to get the name misspelling fixed? I am pretty certain it is spelled right on my 1-20, Passport copies, and my application.
    I have a job joining deadline which is the last day of july (july 29th to be precise). Advice much appreciated!! Thank you

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on May 25th 2013

call the USCIS toll-free number and then press 11122, this will transfer your call directly to the the call center for USCIS, there you can request them to transfer your call to a USCIS executive, they will give you proper information on your case..

Comment

I faced the same problem. What I did is I wrote to uscis saying with all the scanned copies of my docs and a letter stating what exactly the problem is, scan your EAD also. I think you don't have any problem joining the job I did not had any problem so .... Though I suggest u to call uscis and take their advice ....

Comment

When entering ur receipt num... Suppose ur num is LINxxxx dial it as 546xxxx.... N if u r already doing this as said I have no idea...

Comment

If i send all the documents , what is the next step. Can i still use the old card if i get job meanwhile.

Comment

Working...
          X