Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travelling to India for my wedding, Is it safe to travel with pending OPT ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    If you have letter of employment from your employer then it shouldn't be any issue...

Leave a comment:

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    In pending opt u can't go any where I mean out of USA .... This very bad think to go USA while u r opt in pending...

Leave a comment:

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    along with u r OPT card u need a valid employer... to reenter into US...

Leave a comment:

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    it is in "initial review"

Leave a comment:

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    On which stage your OPT application has reached?

Leave a comment:

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    I do have the offer letter , but my question was if my departure from US abandon my OPT application which is pending...

Leave a comment:

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    Don't do it...you will regret it. It will be even worse when you have to turn back with ur spouse. The risk isnt worth it

Leave a comment:

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    ya i have arranged for it to be delivered to me, so that i ll have it wid me while re-entry.. but my question was if my departure from US affects the OPT application

Leave a comment:

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    I suggest not to leave US with out approved OPT cuz offer letter alone isn't enough to re-enter ..Hopefully your OPT get approved before your the country ..!!!

Leave a comment:

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    yup.. But the process will take some time and we dont know the exact time frame....So under any circumstances if you want to be on safe side consider all possibilities..

Leave a comment:

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    cant I handle the RFE from india by ny chance ?

Leave a comment:

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    I guess it won't affect their decision on OPT .. There might be a chance of getting RFE for any reason . So better not to leave without approval..

Leave a comment:

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    not going to happen.. the moment you quit US.. your status ends... you can never enter US with F1 status again!!!

Leave a comment:

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    I would suggest Do Not Leave US without getting your OPT EAD card and offer letter in your hand otherwise any of missing document will create a problem to re-enter in US.

Leave a comment:

• DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan
    replied
    how long did it take for ur processing ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X