Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does non-paid internship count as employment under OPT?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks so much!

Comment

No it doesn't matter

Comment

Do I need my employer to provide any proof of employment?

Comment

Yes it does

Comment

Thanks guys, but my DSO says only paid employment counts... I'm confused...My OPT started yesterday and the 3-month internship starts on 6/1/2013. Do I need to provide any documents to show that I'm employed?

Comment

Yes. Even voluntary work does.

Comment

Yes I think it does

Comment

I think it does. The goal of OPT is to get practical training regardless of whether you are getting paid or not.

Comment

which forum is online which we have to fill out ?
                    existenzgründung regensburg

Comment

Hi I recently graduated from a univ in dec.And his OPT started on Feb 5th . And I reported to the univ on April 16th as working as Sfdc devloper at ABC company(consultancy) .This company ran 2 pay check on my name even though I have not yet got a project. On June 5th I changed to XYZ company(consulatancy) .I did not find a project yet , will and I did not not report to the univ till now. that I changed the company. Will there be any problem if I changed the designation at XYZ company while reporting to the univ? ANd The pay roll is not run for June month..

Comment

I just realized that my internship work agreement says that the relationship of both parties is that of independent contractors not employer/employee...does it matter? FYI, I haven't signed that agreement yet.

Comment

Your message was posted anonymously on our Facebook wall at http://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on July - 8th - Please review comments from other users.

Comment

"Independent Contractor" means u will not work regularly as an employee, but will work as and when needed by the employer. do u know if its a full (40 hrs) or part time(20 hrs)? confirm exactly how many hours the client wants u to work.

Comment

A well-installed external car antenna usually fixes the problem. And if you’re in a rural area that’s on the periphery of the GSM coverage range, or even in a building that tends to block GSM signals, there are some novel antenna solutions available.*For More visit.....
                              .................................................. .................................................. ...

Dealer of GSM Antenna

Comment

Originally posted by DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan View Post
                                yes if you are on 12 month opt then you can update your status with your school as "voluntarily working without any compensation" . But on 17 month opt you need to work with e-verified employer with minimum pay $7.25/hour
                                okkey fair enough , however does it happen like this if ur employer was non e-verified , and employment was volunteer unpaid employment , u get denied STEM extension ?

Comment

Working...
                                X