No announcement yet.

Opt stem extension query

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Opt stem extension query


    I have applied for OPT STEM extension. The processing was put on hold and I was asked to submit some evidence of my employment history. My OPT start date was in June, 2014. I took training in a consulting company and was in marketing till Dec, 2014. I found another full time opportunity and moved out of that consulting company in Dec, 2014. The consulting company didn't run my payroll after 90 days of OPT start date. In the query I was asked to submit a proof of my employment, from my OPT start date till Dec, 2014. When I contacted the consulting company, they said that they will not be able to give a letter representing to the USCIS but they would give me an employment letter representing to the university. Would this help?? Is there a work around through this situation??

    Could someone please help me out with a solution?

  • #2
    Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on our wall at within 24-72 hours please

    follow the post and forum.
    *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at ***
    If you feel this community is useful, please invite your friends by following below steps
    1. Goto
    2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer

    In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys.

    You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free. Their information is listed on home

    we are providing direct links as well, please let us know your feedback after the call

    F1 visa students find OPT Jobs, CPT Jobs, OPT Employers, H1B Jobs, STEM OPT Jobs, OPT Students



    • #3
      Your message was posted anonymously on our Facebook wall at on May 1st - Please review comments from other users.


      • #4
        1 yes .....


        • #5
          1. Yes, take letter from them and make sure it mentions the time period you were with them.
          2. No workaround as you might have already informed your university that you were with the consulting company and the same would be on your record. Take a letter from the consulting company and it should work. You don't have to be in a paid position on your initial 12 month OPT, so don't worry that consulting company didn't ran any payroll after 90 days of OPT start date.


          • #6
            I requested a letter from that consulting company with my job duties and work dates. They are not ready to give a letter since it is not e-verified. I am not aware of this before. My current employer is e-verified. Will USCIS approve my Extension request if they come to know that I worked in a company that is not e-verified? (What I mean is, will it be a problem for me if I say that I worked as an unpaid intern for a company that is not e-verified during the first few months of my first OPT?)