No announcement yet.

OPT STEM Extension Documents

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OPT STEM Extension Documents


    I graduated in May 2014 with MS in Electrical Engineering and currently on OPT which ends on 14 July 2015. I will be applying for a 17 month OPT extension. I have the following questions regarding the documents necessary.

    1. I would like to know whether to provide official university transcripts or a photocopy of the Degree certificate as a verification of completing my degree.

    2. I will be changing the company just before I apply for an ead extension. I would like to know whether I should mention only about my new company or should I mention about my previous company as well. What all documents regarding my employment with both the companies should I provide to USCIS ?

    3. I will have to provide a statement from employer on employer letterhead explaining how current job/position relates to my STEM major. I would like to know as to what are all information(date of joining, type of work, etc) necessary to be put on the letterhead or is there any template that USCIS requires.
    Will I have to provide statement from my new employer and old employer ?

    4. I have two OPT I-20s. I thought I had initially lost my first one and got another OPT I-20 from the university. But then I found the original OPT I-20. Both of my OPT I-20s have the same validity period but only that the issue date is different since the second one was issued by the university again. I had applied for my first EAD card with the original OPT I-20 that I thought I had lost. Will I have to provide both of these I-20s as documents when when applying for an OPT extension ? If not, which one must I provide ?

    Kindly help me with this.

    Thanks in advance.

  • #2
    Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on our wall at within 24-72 hours please follow the post and forum.
    *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at ***
    If you feel this community is useful, please invite your friends by following below steps
    1. Goto
    2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer

    In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free. Their information is listed on home page.
    we are providing direct links as well, please let us know your feedback after the call

    F1 visa students find OPT Jobs, CPT Jobs, OPT Employers, H1B Jobs, STEM OPT Jobs, OPT Students