No announcement yet.

Applied for OPT STEM Extension while employed by consultancy, but changed employer

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Applied for OPT STEM Extension while employed by consultancy, but changed employer


    I was working on contract at a client location through a staffing company until 1st January 2015. The project at my client location got completed and my contract ended on 1st January 2015. I joined a consultancy on 20th January and began training. But on 11th February, the same staffing company called me back for another project for the same client. My 1st year of OPT ends on 19th March 2015. So I applied for OPT STEM extension while employed under the consultancy and I received my I20 for STEM extension from my University on 17th February. I sent the documents to USCIS on 18th February but didn't send the staffing company's offer letter. Now, technically, I am an employee of the consultancy and the staffing company as well. I shall send the staffing company's offer letter to University and USCIS. Is there anything else I need to do? Is there any possibility of a problem? I had attended only 1 training session with the consultancy and had told them to postpone the training but keep me as an employee for STEM Extension. Should I resign from the consultancy since I am now employed by the staffing company? But my I20 for Extension has my consultancy's name on it? We are allowed to have multiple E-verified employers, so what should I do?


  • #2
    Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on our wall at within 24-72 hours please follow the post and forum.
    *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at ***
    If you feel this community is useful, please invite your friends by following below steps
    1. Goto
    2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer

    In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free. Their information is listed on home page.
    we are providing direct links as well, please let us know your feedback after the call

    F1 visa students find OPT Jobs, CPT Jobs, OPT Employers, H1B Jobs, STEM OPT Jobs, OPT Students



    • #3
      Your message was posted anonymously on our Facebook wall at on Feb 23rd - Please review comments from other users.


      • #4
        1. If it get's approved without any issues then submit your staffing company details to your DSO after you received the EAD Card.
        2. if you get an RFE then submit your staffing company as new employer to USCIS.
        In either the cases there will be no problem


        • #5
          make sure that the paper work has the staffing company as your employer before starting the project at school