Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD OPT I765 is on processing hold after 90 days

Hi All,

Its been more than 110 days since USCIS received my I765 OPT/EAD Application. I raised a service request and got a reply saying :

"We have placed your case on a processing hold because the required security checks remain pending. Until we receive the results of these security checks, we cannot move forward on your case. We require the results of security checks before we make a decision on any pending case.

We cannot predict when we will receive the results of these security checks. Please be assured that we will make every effort to make a decision in your case as soon as the security checks are complete. "

I am really worried as my job joining date is nearing. My questions are :

1) What does this reply exactly mean ?
    2) How many more days it might take to get my EAD after getting this reply ?
    3) Is there any way to expedite my application now ?
    4) Can my college International Programs office help me in this matter ? if yes, what should they do ?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance !

Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on our wall at http://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 within 24-72 hours please follow the post and forum.
    *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at http://bit.ly/1da2vrz ***
    If you feel this community is useful, please invite your friends by following below steps
    1. Goto http://facebook.com/desiopt1
    2. Find "Suggest DesiOPT.com to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer http://bit.ly/16CAYOb

In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free. Their information is listed on http://desiopt.com/ home page.
    we are providing direct links as well, please let us know your feedback after the call

Thanks
    F1 visa students find OPT Jobs, CPT Jobs, OPT Employers, H1B Jobs, STEM OPT Jobs, OPT Students

Disclaimer: http://bit.ly/163AglR

Comment

Originally posted by Sheethal Kumar Gk View Post
      Hi All,

Its been more than 110 days since USCIS received my I765 OPT/EAD Application. I raised a service request and got a reply saying :

"We have placed your case on a processing hold because the required security checks remain pending. Until we receive the results of these security checks, we cannot move forward on your case. We require the results of security checks before we make a decision on any pending case.

We cannot predict when we will receive the results of these security checks. Please be assured that we will make every effort to make a decision in your case as soon as the security checks are complete. "

4) Can my college International Programs office help me in this matter ? if yes, what should they do ?

1. It means exactly what it states. All applicants must go through security check before an OPT card is issued. It is hard to tell what exactly triggers the prolonged security checks. But once there is a delay, there is little you can do.
      2. Unfortunately, once there are delays due to security checks, there is no exact timeline. Hopefully, it won’t be much longer than 1 or 2 months.
      3. No. The application can’t generally be expedited once there are security check delays. You can try though.
      4. No.

Comment

Your message was posted as anonymous on Facebook wall- (Feb 9th)
        Last edited by DesiOPT-FaceBook-Admin; 02-12-2015, 05:27 PM.

Comment

I am in the same boat..my application is pending with california service center since 107 days! no clues how much more time its going to take!

Comment

looks like more chances of getting RFE 2) we cannot guess in what areas they are verifying usually if you take cpt or went to india or attendence these are the areas that rfe will be 3)you cannot do any thing till they get get security clearance 4) i dont think any body can help you till they get the result

Comment

Originally posted by DesiOPT-FaceBook-Fan View Post
              looks like more chances of getting RFE 2) we cannot guess in what areas they are verifying usually if you take cpt or went to india or attendence these are the areas that rfe will be 3)you cannot do any thing till they get get security clearance 4) i dont think any body can help you till they get the result
              Does going to india while studying create problems?

Comment

may be some times depends on your stay for no of days how did you complete that semister how many days did you go to college all these will be considered once if they started doing back ground check

Comment

How many days does this whole process take ?

Comment

Decision will take longer time , randomly USCIS will do security checks

Comment

Originally posted by vmak View Post
                      I am in the same boat..my application is pending with california service center since 107 days! no clues how much more time its going to take!
                      Hey do you have any update ?

thanks in advance

Comment

Hey how long did it take for you to get an update. Im waiting since 135 days

Comment

Originally posted by Sheethal Kumar Gk View Post
                          Hi All,

Hey how long did it take for you to get an update. Im waiting since 135 days

Comment

Any update on OPT?

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎