Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD Card Mistake in validity period

Hello all,

My EAD card approved and sent to me. Requested time period is 01/05/2015 to 01/04/2016.
    In my I 20 the recommended period is 01/05/2015 to 01/04/2016.
    But in card they made a mistake and printed as 01/05/2014 to 01/04/2015.
    My job starts on Jan 05 2015.
    My questions
    1. Can I start working with the approval notice? because USCIS made the mistake
    2.If I apply for replacement card how much time they will take to send the new card?
    3.Can I travel to india with the approval notice,letter from employer,pay slips?

Please advice some help.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Kesavan Ravichandran; 12-21-2014, 02:26 PM.

Originally posted by Kesavan Ravichandran View Post
    Hello all,

My EAD card approved and sent to me. Requested time period is 01/05/2015 to 01/04/2016.
    My questions
    2.If I apply for replacement card how much time they will take to send the new card?
    3.Can I travel to india with the approval notice,letter from employer,pay slips?

Please advice some help.
    Thanks
    You must call USCIS Customer Service immediately so that they can send you a new card. It may take about 30 days to get the new card, but you may get it faster if you explain that your start date is January 5 and that you need to start on that date. You may also want to contact your DSO/ISO to see if they can help with expediting the request. It is not advisable to travel until you get the new card. You shouldn’t work until you are issued the new card.

Comment

Your message was posted as anonymous on Facebook wall- (Dec 23rd)

Comment

I had the same issue. Make ur DSO send USCIS an email. they will respond to the DSO faster. You will have the send this EAD card back along with a letter explaining the error. I got my replacement card within a months time. I would recommend not to travel in that time frame.

Comment

Date mix up. Happens all the time. Call USCIS to record complaint. You will get complaint number. After two weeks or so USCIS will reply with email asking you to send EAD with all supporting documents back to USCIS (except fee of course). After two weeks or so you will get corrected EAD.

Comment

Call uscis and talk to the customer rep about this issue and second ask your DSO to send an email and send the card back along with a letter explaining the situation and reference the service id number from your call ! It is advised not to travel or start working in the meantime

Comment

will it be possible to work with the approval notice?

Comment

questions OPT

Kesavan, Good afternoon happy new year I have few questions for you.

When did you file for your OPT? I graduated with my master and filed my OPT on October the 17 but still haven t received my card or any major updated all it says is that my Case as been accepted...

Can you please tell me what are the regular updates that you see on USCIS when checking your ticket receipt number before obtaining your catd. I have also requested it for january the 12 as I already have a job offer but still havent received it..It is very stressfull now I think I would have to let my employer know that I am stioll waiting on my card and I hope I won't loose the job offer because of it

Originally posted by Kesavan Ravichandran View Post
                Hello all,

My questions

Please advice some help.
                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X