OPT Card Photo scan issue- Haven't heard from USCIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT Card Photo scan issue- Haven't heard from USCIS

Hello Sir/Madam, My name is (NAME). I am a recent graduate from (University Name). I am facing an issue with my OPT. I have applied for my OPT in December (Receipt date: 19th December 2012). My case was approved on 22nd January 2013, but I am still waiting for my OPT card. Since March 14th the case status shows, 'Card in Production, please allow 30 days to mail your card'.

When my University advisor contacted USCIS few weeks back regarding my case, they got to know that there is an issue with Photo scan.But USCIS dint ask to send new photos and told that they will follow up within a week.

Its more than a week now, I haven't heard anything from USCIS. I have a job offer and already I have asked my employer to delay my start date thrice. I am terribly worried and would really appreciate some inputs from admin and group members.Thank you.

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on April 18th 2013

Did u not get the approval notice from USCIS ?

Comment

u cn call uscis and report a problem for ur application den u ll get a chance to talk to a representative..nd request them to expedite your case and provide you a tracking number..they do provide tracking number once they send out your card..

Comment

I have a similar issue. My OPT was approved on February 7th and the status is in post decision activity since then. Its been more than 2 months, the card has not gone into production yet. I have filed a service request with USCIS but I have not heard from them yet. I also had to give up 2 job offers and my concern is that I wont be able to apply for my post OPT till I get my EAD card.

Comment

Just get an offer letter from your employer and call the USCIS and they will take the request and ask them to expdiate the process to grant the card other wise you will loose the job offer in that case they will contact your school and the Student advicesor will call or email u with the email on file to submit the documents so that you will get your card in a week for sure .I have seen some cases where the card was sent to production when the documents sent by the school are received by USICS.

Comment

Working...
          X