Is it Risky to Travel on OPT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it Risky to Travel on OPT?

Hi ..I am Currently on OPT valid til jun 25th'12. I have a job , I applied for my OPT Extension. I also applied for H1-B I did not get any recipt till now. I am planning to travel to india for a month .I wil be back by May 3rd week. Is it risky to travel. ...Need opinion

This was posted on https://www.facebook.com/desiopt1 on April 18th 2013

Most likely you will have no issues if you have proper documents and travel signature..you will not be able to come only in a worest case scenario..i have gone for 2 months and returned safely without any issues this Feb 2013..while coming dont take any of this port of entries for your better..Newark, NJ, Chicago, Illinois and JFK, Newyork..If you ensure these you should be good

Comment

Chirag you can't travel on opt with expired f1 visa. Since you have to visit embassy for f1stamping where they won't issue new f1visa on OPT there is zero chance for you to visit India and come back

Comment

With right documents

Comment

You can travel .. I travelled 3 times on opt

Comment

Can't travel outside you will be denied remember Myy words u will be denied .

Comment

See if it is really very urgent need then you can visit. If not then don't take a chance for regular visit. Of Course it is risky. And in urgent case avoid some port of entries like Chicago, New Jersey, Newyork, San Francisco.

Comment

If Visa is expired then you have to go for stamping if you leave this country.

Comment

What if OPT is valid till jan 2014..but visa is expired..then?

Comment

There wont be any problem. Just get the latest I-20's signed by the school official and may be a letter of employment from your employer. Its no big deal.

Comment

it is risky

Comment

The person who posed this question, his name is Rohit..Dude, i couldnt reply to your message as i have some problems with my fb..so i couldnt reply..call me on 818-620-2936, when you see this message

Comment

If your H1B is under process, you cannot travel... Because during re-entry you will neither in H1B nor F1...

Comment

Working...
                          X