No announcement yet.

Deficient Photos Notice AFTER receiving STEM extension!

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Deficient Photos Notice AFTER receiving STEM extension!

    Hello Everyone,

    I received my STEM OPT extension a few months ago with all details accurate. However, I just got contacted by my University that they received a notice from USCIS about "Deficient Photos Notice" where they say my photos did not meet requirements.

    When I sent my application,I went to Walgreens(only approved photo place where I stay) where they take tons of official photographs for students and I sent it.I also received my STEM card with no errors. Now the problem is that they are asking me to send new photos along with some documents and my ORIGINAL OPT STEM card.They will destroy the old one and give me a new one with validity dates intact.

    1. I am traveling on 24th dec and coming back on Jan 18th 2015.Has anyone faced this problem/any way to speed this up as I am not sure if I will receive it in time?
    2. I am close to shifting jobs feb last week/march first week 2015 for which Ill need the card-again worried about time taken for it to arrive.

    Please advise as I am really against a deadline.

    Thank you

  • #2
    Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on our wall at within 24-72 hours please follow the post and forum.
    *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at ***
    If you feel this community is useful, please invite your friends by following below steps
    1. Goto
    2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer

    In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free.

    Their information is listed on home page.
    we are providing direct links as well, please let us know your feedback after the call



    • #3
      Your message was posted as anonymous on Facebook wall- (Dec 11th)


      • #4
        I dont think you will have a problem as long as you have a copy of it because what you need is pass port and travel i20 from the universirty 2) copy of the ead card will work for changing the job


        • #5
          carry that notice too along with approval notice.. tell them USCIS will be sending you a new one and its already approved.