No announcement yet.

STEM extension in Intital Review and current EAD is expiring on OCT 30, 2014.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • STEM extension in Intital Review and current EAD is expiring on OCT 30, 2014.


    I am eligible for STEM extension. I applied my STEM extension on 28 Aug 2014. My EAD is expiring on 30 Oct 2014. My case status on USCIS shows at initial review. My school said I am good until 180 days to work if the case is pending with USCIS.

    My question is:

    1. My current employer needs proof of my work authorization post tomorrow. What do i provide them with. I have already provided the USCIS receipt number to them and they have my previous EAD card.

    2. Is it possible to change employers during this period? what documents will i need to provide to the new employer when my EAD renewal is pending.

    Thanks in advance


  • #2
    Your question will be reviewed by our moderator and posted on our wall at within 24-72 hours please follow the post and forum.
    *** Don't Miss Important Topics, Subscribe to our Newsletter at ***
    If you feel this community is useful, please invite your friends by following below steps
    1. Goto
    2. Find "Suggest to Your Friends" - Click on "See All" and Invite your friends
    3. If you can't find the link, refer

    In addition to the readers comments, You can also call attorneys for free advice. DesiOPT is collaborating with group of attorneys. You can contact them directly via email/ phone. Initial Consult is Free. Their information is listed on home page.
    we are providing direct links as well, please let us know your feedback after the call



    • #3
      Your message was posted as anonymous on Facebook wall- (Oct 30th)


      • #4
        1. Receipt number with expired EAD Card is good enough.
        2.You can change the employer with the same receipt number and expired EAD but take all require documents from the current employer ( Experience letter , Employment letter , if more than 90 days unemployed take letter as Unpaid intern etc.).
        Personally i suggest not to change the employer until your Stem OPT approved.


        • #5
          U can give your opt extension i20


          • #6
            1. you can give Expired EAD card and receipt number along with OPT extn I20.
            2. You can switch the employers but take all the required documents from the current employer.


            • #7
              1 that is enough
              2 yes . as long as they should know about this rule ..


              • #8
                I have provided, i94, visa, passport, old EAD card, I20, i797c and uscis receipt number. In addition since they dont seem equipped to handle this situation, i provided links from school website and the uscis webpage about legally working 180 days when the case is pending. I know i am eligible and i applies on time. But now the new employer is asking a valid work authorization J1 visa. I am confused!