5 months since OPT application still in Initial review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 months since OPT application still in Initial review

I am now in the 5th month from the day of my application my OPT was set to start in Sept 2014 and I haven't received my OPT card.
    I have contacted USCIS on multiple occasions the first time I sent out an "Inquiry Request” after the usual processing time of 3 months had past, the second time I sent out an "expedite request". When I send out an “Inquiry Request” I was told I would get a response within 45 days, where as when I sent out the “Expedite Request” I got a notice saying that my case is under review and I should email the DHS if I don’t get a response in 180 days!! This entire process has been extremely frustrating since I haven’t been able to start work and have had to let go of offers, one of it even was my dream job Also an OPT through an arts major has to be completed within 14 months from the day of graduation so even if I do get my card my OPT will be done by Sept 2015. I have an Infopass appointment this Monday ...I want to know what else I could do to get answers... Please help !

Originally posted by alfiyas View Post
    I am now in the 5th month from the day of my application my OPT was set to start in Sept 2014 and I haven't received my OPT card.
    I have contacted USCIS on multiple occasions the first time I sent out an "Inquiry Request” after the usual processing time of 3 months had past, the second time I sent out an "expedite request". When I send out an “Inquiry Request” I was told I would get a response within 45 days, where as when I sent out the “Expedite Request” I got a notice saying that my case is under review and I should email the DHS if I don’t get a response in 180 days!! This entire process has been extremely frustrating since I haven’t been able to start work and have had to let go of offers, one of it even was my dream job Also an OPT through an arts major has to be completed within 14 months from the day of graduation so even if I do get my card my OPT will be done by Sept 2015. I have an Infopass appointment this Monday ...I want to know what else I could do to get answers... Please help !
    It’s unclear whether your OPT was not approved or approved, and if you never got the card. If they haven’t issued the card yet, they may still give you full 12 months of OPT because it’s their delay. See what happens at the InfoPass appointment.

Comment

Hey Lisa,
      Thank you so much for your response.
      I had the info pass appointment yesterday they said my case is still under "Mandatory Review" and I should just wait till that is completed. As per my DOS even if my OPT gets approved later it will end after 14 months of my graduation date ??? That is my main concern because if that is not the case I would be less worried .... So if my OPT does get approved do I have to appeal to them to make it a full 12 month OPT or will the OPT card already have the 12 month span allotted ?

Comment

Working...
      X